Thread: 1960 Biscayne
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #33
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Re: 1960 Biscayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdadfox View Post
All stock except Pertronix ignition. This car ran and drove like a brand new car! I had a LS2 and T56 sitting in the garage and just couldn't bring myself to do the deed.
I'm on a mobile device so I can't post pics right now, but you can look at page 1 of this thread to see what I mean, but there are a few differences in your car and mine that I'm curious about. My seat covers are different and I'm sure yours are the way they should be. My steering wheel is different. It's not the Impala wheel, but it does have a horn ring which yours does not. The upper door frames that surround the windows on mine are painted the same color as the roof, where yours are the same as the body color. I suspect yours is correct since it's original paint and mine has been repainted once.

Yours has a Blue Flame 6 decal on the valve cover, which I thought mine should have, but when I went to Ecklers, the catalog says High Thrift Six. It looks like your engine compartment has been freshened up since the inner fenders have a gloss to them. Do you know for sure if the BF6 is stock or not?

Whats the info on your tires and wheels and suspension? Your car looks fantastic with them.

I know exactly what you mean about hesitating to put an LS engine in there - it would be cool, no doubt, but on the other hand these cars have made it all these years without getting messed with, so I hate to be the first to do it. I bought the car with the intention of modifying it, but it turned out to be so much nicer than I anticipated.

Thanks for the info on your car - it's great to hook up with someone that has one in such great original shape.
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote