View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 04:12 PM   #7
67chevy1series

Re: New truck in the family

Well besides doing the regular main tench lube,oil,filters, tire rotations the truck has been getting its own personal touches. We decided that the truck would be better off without the chin spoiler, now I know these lower valances are supposed to help keep wind to go above the truck and not under creating better aerodynamics and in return better fuel economy, and might even help to keep air flowing through the grille/radiator instead of some going beneath the truck, well I took the balance off and drove it around for a week to see any changes in fuel economy/engine temperature, and there's wasn't even any difference at all. So the valance never maid it's way back on the truck. IMO the balance below the bumper makes the front of the truck look really low and large, but then when you look at the height of the rocket panels at the bottom of the cab there far above the ground and it just looks out of place, not to mention with that panel hangin so low it's very easy to ram it into a parking block. The other thing we took off is the air deflector in front of the rear tire, just looks like more plastic thrown on the truck and again IMO the truck looks better without it, so off those went.now a couple weeks ago we got a 2014 single cab work truck I'm that had the entire frame twisted and the body shop put a brand new frame under it well the new frame comes with tow hooks already installed and the old tow hooks on the old frame were perfectly fine so I asked what they were going to do with them and they said "there going to get scraped with the rest of the frame" so they let me have them, there in perfectly good shape too. So since I work at a Chevy dealership I went to our parts guys and bought the correct panel with the holes for the tow hooks with my employee discount and now I'm just wait for that to come in and we'll have a factory tow hook option. Still need to take it to the exhaust shop and have a flow put on it as well as a new air intake/air cleaner set up, not going to run a oiled or wet filter as they destroy the MAF sensor in time but still want to change the set up. Also planning on dropping the rear down to make it level with the front what have you guys done to Achebe this without taking any leafs out or disturbing the pinion angle?
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote