View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 05:08 PM   #440
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
looks real good leveled out, I like it a lot!

on the 98+ chevies the headlights are ground triggered, so using a 3 prong headlight is a real problem. make sure dodge isnt that way too, also check your DRL relay/fuses.
Thanks Joe. The squat in the back annoyed me like no other. I’m glad I got it fixed too.

The Dodge harness isn’t that fancy. The lighting on the 1996 harness is identical to the original 1994 harness I started with. The GM headlight switch from the RF kit uses separate wires for front and rear parking lights, but the Dodge switch doesn’t and I didn’t run both wires to the same terminal in the Dodge plug. I suspect once I get a new Dodge headlight switch, the problem will be solved. If not, I’ll find the answer. There had been a bunch of redneck wire-around involving multiple relays and generic wiring in the light circuit on the 1996 harness. I removed that mess last year and put it all back to stock to make troubleshooting easier. I’m glad I did. In reality, this has been pretty easy. Time consuming, but easy.

-Joe