View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 12:17 PM   #449
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

The other day, I removed all of the tools and spare parts from inside the cab and scrubbed the inside down with Simple Green. The next step will be to scuff the remaining paint that is inside on the floor, firewall, and rear wall and then give it a coat of POR-15 to keep the rust monster away. Eventually it will get some thermal barrier and sound coatings, but for now the POR-15 will be a good start. All of the unnecessary holes in the cab floor have been welded shut to keep debris and fumes out.

In the meanwhile, the new headlight switch arrived on the big brown truck yesterday. I plugged it into the Dodge harness and everything lights up like it is supposed to, parking lights, headlights/parking lights, stop, turn, high and low. I know it took some time to sort things and determine the switch was bad, but in the end, it was so satisfying to plug in a new switch and have everything work correctly.

-Joe
Attached Images