View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 12:13 AM   #25
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: Jeep rolling off Black Bear Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
I'm glad I got in on the last few years of the good old days. Back then the equivalent of an "ATV" was a flat fender jeep, plus the "newer" Scouts, Broncos, Blazers, Wagoneers, and pickups. One time I went with some friends in their jeep into the basin up on Jenkins Mountain, but that is all locked up in the wilderness now.

I hauled logs over Cottonwood Pass before they rebuilt it. Well, they were working on the east side the last year or two before I quit. Spent a lot of time stopped waiting on construction. And that new paved road around the dam really changed the character of things. I remember when it was one narrow lane with only a few pulloffs. Now I hear it's pavement all the way from Gunnysack to Byooney

We've got to go down to Monte Vista for an "errand" hopefully next year if the world doesn't fall apart. I suppose we will try to do a little visiting and sightseeing along the way. Maybe drive over Cumberland and stop in at our friends' cabin.
I'm still getting out as long as I can. But we are branching out into other areas to explore so we can see other parts of the state. There's still so much to explore that I or the rest of my group hasn't seen yet.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote