View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 03:30 PM   #158
nlped

Re: 1963 1/2 Ford Falcon aka Martha

Yet again, no pictures, but...

I spoke to Holley technical support (after being on hold for 20+ minutes) and was told very bluntly that there is no way to get a tps signal from the Sniper and that I needed to upgrade to the Terminator EFI. What? Why? I’ve already got over a grand in this system and it does have a GM TPS sensor on the side of the TB now. But in the Holley directions, it says not-to splice into the TPS harness. So, without actually saying it, it seemed as though ‘Tough $hit’ was their response.

So, I called US Shift...the folks who make the trans controller, and asked the same question (no hold at all...a human answered the phone immediately). I was quickly informed that Casper Electronics has a GM TPS breakout harness that works with my exact application. I was informed that I only needed the signal wire, & not the 5 volt reference nor the ground wires for the Quick 4 controller. I just have to make sure to ground the controller harness to the same location as the Sniper...this seems to be where folks run into issues. Kevin, from US Shift said that they answer this question several times a week and don’t have any issues with this solution. So, <$22 later, I have the breakout harness enroute. Maybe it’ll be running this weekend???

Oh, I also dropped off my front seats to my upholstery buddy to have him get the new foams, covers and such installed.

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote