View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 08:21 AM   #14
RodnRudy

Re: HEI distributor problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
Well if your new DUI distributor starts getting failed modules, I would next suspect the alternator and aim to put a 3 wire internally regulated one on the truck, with the sense wire connected at a junction away from the alternator (not just connected on the big post of the alternator with a few inches of wire). I have also seen really weird things happen in vehicles due to a battery that is failing but still cranks and works in the vehicle for a couple more years. I have not seen distributor module failure due to that, but it would not surprise me. I do wonder about your short duration voltage drops to 2 or 4 volts, and about the dropping to 9v during cranking. Do you have electric fans on the radiator?
No electric fans or AC or any extra power accessories. I don't even have a radio. As far as the alt. the wiring harness was designed for that type. I'm going to give AAW a call to see if they can steer me in the right direction on the voltage drop issues.
Thanks to all you guys who have given insight to my predicament. If I get a concrete answer I'll let every one know.
RodnRudy is offline   Reply With Quote