View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 02:23 PM   #24
RichardJ

Re: HEI distributor problems

>>Super Lube silicone heat sink compound. Bought it at Auto Zone<<

I looked at the Autozone web page to see what Super Lube product you are using. I couldn't find it there, but I assume the image below is the product you are talking about.

A Dielectric is the exact opposite of a heat sink compound so I don't think Super Lube knows what they are selling. A Dielectric is an insulator.

I would not use that product. You need a thermal grease, thermal paste, thermal compound, CPU grease, heat paste, heat sink paste, or thermal interface material, but not one that says dielectric.

The last couple of HEI modules I have bought, came with a small individual application packet. Those packets are unlabeled, but I used them. I assume Accel knows what they are providing. I still have a small tube from Radio Shack, but next time I'll probably get a CPU grease from some place like Best Buy.
Don't be confused by a product that can handle high heat. You need a product that can transfer heat.

>> I noticed when I tested voltage while running was the voltage would drop to 4 or 2V just for a millisecond and the be right back to 13.8. I checked the running voltage at both the distributor plug and at the fuse panel bulk head connector at the firewall.<<

Do you get that 4V at the Alt Bat terminal?

The 13.8 is at idle? What is the Alt bat terminal voltage at idle and with the engine held at 15-2k rpm for a full minute?

I'd loose that 1-wire Alt.
Attached Images