Thread: Mulk's 8-Lugger
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #80
Mulk

Re: Mulk's 8-Lugger

It's actually coming along. I got the after-market a/c from Southern Air mounted, so I could plumb the heater. A/c hoses aren't done, but it's cooling-off, so that can wait.

Topped-off all the fluids, and fired the beast on open headers.... Loud, but awesome.

Unfortunately the digital display for my air pressure was bad, and I had to send it back. But on a good note, Chassis Tech is exchanging without any questions, and the new one will be here tomorrow. Yuri from the company has been GREAT! This is my first bagged project, and he has guided me along the way. Great customer service, and fast shipping.

Switches are working fine, but I haven't aired-up due to not nowing pressures.

Here's some photos of the valves and compressor location. I started with the Plug and Play set-up, but it was just to big to mount, and hide. So I pulled-out the compressor, and cut the box down. Then did a little tweakin' and fabbin' so I could protect the valves and wiring. I mounted everything behind the left rear tire. Came-out pretty clean.

Then I tossed the tank under the second seat. Just checking clearence in this shot.

So while I'm waiting for the display, I decided it was time to work on exhaust. I was gonna have the local shop fab it, but money it tight (non-existent). So I bought a 10 foot stick of 2 1/2 pipe, and decided to "recycle" some of my old system, using the flowmasters, and a few of the bends.

One of my helpers...

I'm running it between the frame, and rocker. Then I'm gonna have it dump-out of the rocker, just ahead of the wheel opening.

It's hard to tell in this shot, but from the header it goes under the frame, where it starts to kick-up. So everything is above the frame, for that day that I "man-up" and really lay this beast out.....

That's what I've been up to for the last couple weeks. Heading-out in the next hour to work a little O/T So not working on the Burb today

'68 C20 Suburban, Bagged with Suicide 3rd Door, and Loaded with a 396 - Under Construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=403690
Mulk is offline   Reply With Quote