View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #18
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1rodeoboater View Post
I like that cap you got on the bed there, you gonna keep it or trash it? I'm amazed at how good of shape your truck is in for being up in AK.

How's that clip on work light work for you? I really need to get more light in my storage unit than my little flourescent shop light can provide.

Also can you take a pic of how the hazards are wired up in your truck for me. I pulled one out of a truck in a junkyard as mine is missing them and I'd REALLY like to have them in there just in case my truck decides to crap out on the side of the road again
I will do what I can for you K1, but my under dash wiring is pretty tore up. A PO had installed aftermarket guages, two of those and the ignition switch look to have been un-professionally removed LOL. I was not planning on tearing my steering column up-open-out either unless I absolutely have to... have done that with my Tempest and I hate doing it each time.
The clip on the light works ~reasonably~ well. There are some physics involved sometimes meaning the bracket has to be supported in some positions because the clip is not very strong. Alot of the time I have it clipped to the edge of a 5gal bucket, and I move it and point it around like that.

I was at a boneyard yesterday looking at parts trucks (dude has 8 or 9 of these mid-60s back there) and found some tail lights I want. The most radical are on a 60s-ish Plymouth, it has the most bizzare dash inside I have ever seen, but the tail lights are like rocket jet packs on the side of the rear quarter. The other set I am looking at are off a 67 Impala. It may depend on which ones, if either, the old guy is willing to part with.

Pics later today.... almost a decent hour to get out into the garage now. (I live in a duplex, and the two Air Force kids downstairs work the night shift)

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1

Last edited by McMurphy; 10-08-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: questions need answering !
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote