Thread: Mulk's 8-Lugger
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #87
Mulk

Re: Mulk's 8-Lugger

I've been getting a few little things done here and there, while waiting for my pressure gauges.

The hood hinges on this beast appeared to be the originals. I had changed the springs a while back, but the hinges were loose, and the rear of the hood woud never sit-down all the way. So being that I'm broke, I decided to attempt to tighten them back-up. Falling back on my days as a blacksmith farrier, it was a pretty simple task. Just a matter of heating the rivets up with a torch, and spreading some metal on the old anvil.

Worked great, but this on rivet was the main culpret for the hood not sucking-down towards the rear, and I could get to the back-side of it to spread it out...

So with a couple measurements, and the drill press, I was able to get to it with a descent size punch.

Now the hinges are tight as can be (maybe too tight), and all cleaned-up.

I'm not gonna get a chance to paint this for a while, so I just rolled-on some Rustolium in the engine compartment to protect the new patches on the firewall, until I blow it apart for paint. I also moved the washer bottle in the void where the blower motor used to reside. Looks like it was meant to be. Cleans-up the engine compartment, but still has a "is that stock" look to it.

'68 C20 Suburban, Bagged with Suicide 3rd Door, and Loaded with a 396 - Under Construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=403690
Mulk is offline   Reply With Quote