Thread: Mulk's 8-Lugger
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #92
Mulk

Re: Mulk's 8-Lugger

I had a bunch more ink pounded into my back over the weekend, so my motivation to get under the Burb was lacking to say the least. But after 3 days of great weather, I couldn't take it any more. I figured I could tackle something that wasn't too demanding.

Since upgrading the radiator and fans, I wanted to cover the gap above the radiator and support, and help keep the air directed through the radiator as much as possible. I know I can buy what I needed, but I wanted to try to make it, being that it's pretty basic.

I found an old piece of metal (nice bit o' surface rust), that seemed heavy enough for the task, and commenced to cutting and bending the desired shape.

I don't have a metal brake (but I do have a mess, that you can see in the background), so I pinched the piece with some box-tube I had around, and used a little elbow grease.

Basic shape completed....

Cleaned it up a bit, drilled some holes, and put it in place....

I just need to tack some upper radiator mounts to the back-side, smooth it out, and it'll be ready for paint. Not perfect, but the price sure is right

'68 C20 Suburban, Bagged with Suicide 3rd Door, and Loaded with a 396 - Under Construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=403690
Mulk is offline   Reply With Quote