View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 11:59 PM   #27
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.
Re: My Unexpected '66 SWB-Fleet-Restomod Project!

I appreciate the offer! I know very little about spraying it ...need lots of advise.
A buddy of mine is really into Mega-Squirt engine management ( He is a Mich-Tech computer-nerd grad who has gearhead tendencies) and he tells me that I can run two separate programs with the flick of a switch. Change the ignition advance, timing curves, & fuel settings, and introduce nitrous all at the same time.
He has some expertice on this system, as I have heli-arc welded injector bungs on intake manifold for his '69 Super-Bee, along with his buddies '70 426 Charger R/T. Both which seem to run flawlessly, & he is also working currently on adding FI to an older Honda CB-600...He has a vast CNC background, so he machines a crankwheel & runs a crank-sensor. lets the computer control everything...They even make a plug-n-play harness to replace your ECM, as the key developers of this set-up are huge into Corvettes...Maybe I should try to introduce Bryan to my buddy Frank!...Don't get me wrong, I just don't know what to do at this point!
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote