View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
likearaptor

Re: 89 2500 Transmission/Rear End Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderson95 View Post
I think you have the 4:10 gears with a nv-4500 trans its extreamly rare for gm to put 4:56 gears behind a 350 motor but another kinda easy way to see what may be in it is by the design of the rear end is it a corpret 14bolt rear or a simi flow 14bolt rear
Posted via Mobile Device
So from what I have seen in the pictures it looks like I have a corporate rear end. I assume I also have 4:10. From what I saw on the pictures on the nv-4500 it looks exactly like it. Now I just need to find out if it was an earlier model that had trouble with the nut coming undone in 5th gear or if it has the longer splines so 5th gear will be fine.

I put the stock speedometer back in but I put all the newer gauges inside the older speedometer frame/electronic board and all is well now with my speedometer. It is now just -1 of what I really am going (Shows 70, going 69). I also put on the correct size of tires on the back so everything is working great. I assume the other speedometer I got was programmed for a different rear end ratio.
likearaptor is offline   Reply With Quote