Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #27
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Well, my morning was spent trying to find the elusive seal, the 4X4 place ordered the spindle hub seals and they ended up being the same ones Napa ordered, wrong ones again, for some reason the parts books list the wrong seal, so Rock auto to the rescue again, still waiting for my inner seals for the Dana as well.

Got home and crawled under the truck and ran a couple scotch bright wheels over the axles to knock the loose rust off them then they got the acid bath, if you look closely (sorry no flash) you can see i didn't do the covers as they have to be removed anyway so i'll do then when i change out the oil and replace the inner axle seals on the Dana.

Then i popped the race's in the other wheel hub then unmasked my steering knuckles and installed the ball joints, i found it was easier to use my 12T press on the lowers and then used the kit on the uppers so i didn't buy it for nothing I was disappointed that this back up adapter does not fit into the hole in the C clamp like its suppose to, wish i had a lath and I would have fixed that real quick.

lifted the back end onto some stands and removed the wheels, to start the rear disk conversion, and one more setback, this time it was mother nature and a serious thunder and lightening storm passed by but not before i got soaked trying to wrap up. Guess i should go wash my coveralls!
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote