View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #117
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Ok some good news............I just got word from the engine shop that all is well with my block, head and crank! For those that have not read my whole build thread. I was able to find a 292 on the cheap that supposedly had the bottom end completely rebuilt. Not being a person very trusting of others, I told the engine shop to do a complete tear down of the motor and check the other shops work. Well, after a thorough cleaning, shot peening and magnaflux, it turns out everything is perfectly fine.

The only thing is the motor just had a standard rebuild. So that will be addressed with a complete blueprint of the block and balancing of the bottom end. Next up for Larry's Power is doing all the head work including installation of the lumps, bigger valves, springs, push rods, port matching, and a mild polishing of the ports, roller rockers.

As far as work on the truck itself......I have been putting off one big problem that has been staring at me since I lowered the truck a bit with the drop spindles and 2" lowering blocks. That's the fact that now my fenders are a bit to close to the rear tires. Typical story of change one thing and then realize you now have 3-4 other things to change. Well I had a few different solutions.
1. Find a smaller rear end
2. Larger wheel offset
3. Widen the fenders
4. Ding Ding Ding.........Raise the fenders!
So that's what I am in the process of doing. That is after I finish blowing the mountains of leaves I have off my property .
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote