View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #327
Juanito

Re: Truckseats Photobook

Here are a few photos of my seat and my story...

Ordered/paid on May 13. Cover received July 3. Several e-mails sent on status, received one very dalayed response that really made so sense.

Seat cover mailed from Truck World in Springfield, MO. Due to the lack of response from Truck Seats and the need for foam, I called Truck World. It turns out that Truck Seats is simply a middle man for Truck World, the actual manufacturer of the seat covers.

The seat cover: Unbelievable quality, heavy correct grain vinyl, good color, excellent cloth, taped, top stitched seams. In sort, better than just about any repro cover I have purchased since I started working on/restoring Chevys in 1982.

Seat Foam: Due to the lack of response from Truck Seats on completing an order, I ordered seat foam from GMC Paul. Something like $434 shipped to my door. They looked good, but felt soft, but you never know until they are installed.

Bought a donor frame and restored it from a wrecking yard--$25.

The seat buns were perfect and are actually quite firm. The seat cover fit and installed perfectly. Here is the final result:

Aside from the near 2 month delivery time and lack of response from Truck Seats, I couldn't be happier with the result. It is green, but it's a green truck, and as my kids say, "Embrace Gumby Truck's greeness."
Juanito is offline   Reply With Quote