View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #53
UKNOWME

Re: 22" GM Transport Steel Wheels on Square body? Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
It's funny that the dealerships try so hard to convince people who inquire about these wheels that they are not DOT legal. GM sources these from Fumagalli Wheels and the wheels are stamped DOT approved right on them. There are a few guys on Instagram that have connections to get you a set.

As for a template, it really depends on the clips you get. If you go with the #capclips from struggle_55 on Instagram, his come with a template. His clips are his own design though, so the template wont work with other available clips. I used the Mobsteel clips on mine. They are pretty much the only other clip design out there. I just put the cap on the wheel, traced the outside, and then held the clip in place by hand and marked where I needed to drill the hole such that the edge of the clip just touched the line I traced. To be honest, these clips aren't that great and I wish I would have gone with struggle_55's clips, but at least so far I haven't lost a cap.
I think the reason the dealerships say that is because the factory puts stickers on them that states not DOT approved. I think they are just covering their ass. I’ve thought about keeping a set whenever we swap them over but it’s not worth the 1500 core charge they have.
1964 Chevy c10
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU
UKNOWME is offline   Reply With Quote