View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 09:41 PM   #233
SkinnyG

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

Took a breather for most of the summer, and did a wack of house renovations that have been nagging me for years. Also did some home ethernet networking and such, relocating the router, adding a switch, connecting my shop, and 'net to the tv and game console. Yay!

When I finally got back into the shop, I did a bunch of tidying and organizing just to be around the '61 and remember where I left off, and wrap my head around where I was months ago.

I crimped together the AC hoses from the condenser to the drier, and from the drier to the bulkhead fitting, and from the bulkhead fitting to the under-dash unit. Then crimped the hoses from the under-dash unit to the bulkhead fitting, but I am going to need a longer hose to connect to the compressor. I will likely need to modify the fittings at the compressor, but to fit the compressor, I need to cut a notch out of the frame. Good times.

Drier is not connected until final assembly and filling.

I am very pleased that the factory heater is very compact. Or at least - in the engine bay.

Compressor fittings are really designed for a top-mount compressor. They will be modified.
Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote