View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 09:32 AM   #19
rickpilgrim

Re: 427 tall deck???? I need HELP!!!

I scrapped the stock 427 truck mounts and used the side mounts from the 6.5TD which are the same as any small/big block from 1973 on. I was able to use the big truck oil pan in the 88-98 4wd chassis, it's close, within an inch of the front diff, a bit more in front to the crossmember, plenty of room on the passenger side, starter bolts right up to the block. I had to run my tap through all the side mount/starter bolt holes-they were never used from 1972 to me. Everyone seems to hate the truck intake, I kept all of it, dual thermostats to 2" 90 bend hose, 2" to 1 3/4" exhaust adapter to 1993 454 stock hose on the upper, stock 454 water pump equals stock lower hose. Now that big water pump bypass hose under the thermostat housing I just bought 2 of those rubber frost plugs and a 2 1/2" carriage bolt.
Took them apart, re stacked 2 big washer, 2 rubber, 2 small washers put the bolt in stuck it in there and tightened. Not nice looking but very effective and has not moved in 2 yrs with my 22psi rad cap.
rickpilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote