View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #112
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuKasey View Post
Oh Id be flipping out! As expensive as powdercoating is... that wouldnt fly! I used the tractor implement paint on mine.... been driving it for awhile and it holds up great! I used gloss black just because it cleans easier. and with being a driver.... thats needed!
The place that did it is actually pretty cheap. They did a VW frame (welded in floorpans= lots of surface area) and all of the suspension a few years ago for us and charged $300 bucks- and thats for blasting and powdercoating. They prep everything well enough, but just didn't get enough powder on the frame. I still shouldn't have to go back and redo it though.

I like gloss black and it is easier to clean, but scrubbing it would make spiderweb/swirlmark type scratches and that would drive me crazy. I hate fine scratches worse than deep scratches. I used to detail cars when I was in high school and swirl marks or towel marks drive me insane! I don't care they're on a hood, or trailing arm, or an air filter lid, I see them and it makes me want to polish them out so bad... satin paint helps me keep my sanity.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote