View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 08:06 AM   #12
C.I.Blazer

Re: Rocker Replacement

Agreed, trying to focus on the driver's side to be able to leave the passenger side as a reference. Been spending a lot of time just lust cutting rust away slowly to see what I have to work with. Have some A-pillar questions before I even get to the B-pillar. Since so much is rusted away, I am not sure how exactly things are supposed to go back together.

For the A-pillar I start with the front cab support and the inner rocker. Cut the original back to clean metal, cut the patch panels to fit, then butt weld all the seams. The kick panel is next. Butt weld the top where I cut it to fit the original metal. The flanged area on the bottom sits on top of the inner rocker with maybe some spot welds to tie them together? Next is the A-Pillar lower path that gets scabbed in to replace the original and finally the outer rocker covers everything.

My question is regarding the four bolts. Do the top two bolts go through the flange on the cab mount support then through the inner rocker, then through the A-pillar? These get inserted from inside the rocker box with the bolt on the outside? Can you get them in and tighten them with the rocker box in place?

Couple of pics of general mock up.
Attached Images

C.I.Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote