View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #113
RustyBucket

Re: Blazer retractable convertible top

[QUOTE=zammer;5187302]Hey thanks,, since i was able to build my own house it help freed up funds with the sweat equity put in to build my dream garage also mainly with the blazer and future projects in mind and to have a cave to hang out in.. Here's a picture i think is pretty cool with just framing ( From 6 months ago , Mid August ) which shows the 1400 feet of 1/2" pex tubing i laid under the slab to keep the toes warm in the winter.. The radient heat is pretty amazing and has huge efficiency benefits.
Attachment 872407[/Q

interesting read & picture of your shop floor heating system under const. ... alien concept for a Miami Fl. native that's never lived much N. of Orlando. QUESTION?: If you loose power to circulate/heat water does the system freeze and bust the floor? OR do you circulate something that won't freeze?

I've got castors for my 4 post lift and only tried 'em once right after I assembled the lift. It's been a few years ago but I remember it not working very well. The 4 upright posts are loosely attached to the ramps and crossbars. I was by myself but as I recall the posts kinda wanted to go in 4 different directions. Took the castors off and haven't moved it since. Never bolted it down but it seems secure.... hasn't squashed me yet.

Re: the retractable convt. top... hurry up and make a nice easy to bolt on kit.
Current toy trucks:
'71 GMC 1500 SUPER CUSTOM short/step, orig. dk. blue, 350/700r, ps,pb, A/C
'72 Blazer 2wd, ochre & white, 454, tremecTKO 500 5spd. ps, pb, A/C, tilt

Last 10yrs of hobby vehicles, had a FEW more in the 50yrs. before these:
'66 Plymouth Belvedere City of Miami cop car clone.
'70 Nova 406"sb, 13.5-1, solid roller, Brodix, p.glide/t.brake, back halved, 9" Ford, spool 4.88, cage,ladder bar/coilover, 10.5 tire....... SOLD!!
'67 C10 short/step side mount spare -- SOLD!!
'72 Jimmy 2wd, 350/350, ps, pb, fun driver, lots of bondo & a shiny red paint job..... SOLD!!
'69 Nova 350, 4spd, A/C, ps, p.b, ...SOLD!!
RustyBucket is offline   Reply With Quote