View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
dingesb

'41 Chevy Inherited

So I'm totally new to this body style forum....I'll admit it! Years ago I had a '53 GMC short box 5 window with 78,000 original miles but sold it. I've gotten rid of all my '67-'72 body style rides, but grandpa decided to pass this '41 on to me. The last time it ran was about 1990 (I was 6 at the time) and it was but in the shed to get forgotten about. Somewhere around 2000 it was moved from the main shop to the storage shed and pushed in the back corner. Two of the tires still hold air and the crank rotated freely yesterday when I went to look at it. It was a mild custom of the mid to late 70's hence the chrome stacks, chrome air cleaner, chrome steering wheel with black leather and the white wagon wheels. Dad seems to think that it has an International bed but I couldn't find any markings. It's got a hella stout front bumper with square tubing push bar style upright and the same style rear bumper. Shows 79,999 miles on the odometer but who knows if it even works. Grandma mentioned she thought something was leaking on the block when it got moved to the other shed, but for all I know it's a radiator hose. I intend to get the old girl out of the shed and make the two hour trek to my house for some refreshing. Grandpa said he'd really like to see it running and driving again (He's getting up there) so I've got a little motivation. Oh the door has "Cowchip Country Club" on it for those who can't read it. Enjoy the pics!
Attached Images

94 GMC Sierra GT with 66k original miles,'41 Chevy SOLD, '68 Chevy 1/2 2wd-2nd owner SOLD, '72 Chevy 3/4 4wd SOLD, '08 Chevy 1/2 4wd-service pickup, 2005 GMC 1/2 4wd 4 door lifted-my toy-SOLD, 2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali, 2009 Harley Street Glide
dingesb is offline   Reply With Quote