View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 06:17 AM   #715
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Once again Photobucket being useless.

Went to see Sally at her best friends place, they have been friends since age 4 years old.

The neighbour had this Fordson tractor, been restored and he now sold it and replaced with a classic mini, because neighbours objected to him driving it in a residential area.

Finished painting the garage and steels.

Next up.

House, horrible job.

Balers came and completed harvest, bales loaded in the fields onto curtain sliders and headed to Holland for their dairy industry. One way to inflate U.K. prices I guess.

Had the steel structural guy here on Monday.

Suggested I lower the posts by 200mm at the front and change the drop off angle and rear.

Which meant disassemble, cut, paint and generate new top plates and weld them back on.

New setting, green is line, though it will be a bit lower at the rear, orange is 200mm high RSJ’s
Blue is where roof will be extending to.

Greg the new lodger who replaced Andy the welding manager is a plater (boilermaker) and weirdly, stepped into Andy’s shoes readily, looking for stuff to do, loving a BBQ and beer.

So the carport build is continuing with some serious professional help and advice. (I guess it is like me going to the USA on holiday and getting a thrill being allowed to drive tractors, and swing chainsaws as part of my therapy)

Weird to me, how both Andy and Greg work on site without a knife to do various small cutting jobs.

He commented that he should really have a knife when I was cutting some foreign dried meat products with my French Opinel while we were having a beer and a chat on the deck.

So I fetched a few from my stash and collection (I do like a nice knife) and offered him one to take for himself.

Too many choices.

In the end he selected this little guy, a nice cutter which feels good in the hand too.

He did request a decent T-Bone to cook on the fire, so on Friday I went to my favourite Turkish butcher to get some cut.

35oz steaks were not a challenge, that is 1kg steak to those who do not understand Imperial.

Flame grilled to perfection.

I love cooking fast on a really hot fire, but it does hurt when you have a lot of stuff to turn and manage.

Note, my BBQ’s rarely look like the Pride of Britain, blackened pork sausages and cheap burger patties.

Greg saw me hurting, disappeared and next thing came back with these.......

Kevlar, cut resistant and good to protect my knuckles from the glow of the coals.

He also did suggest we set up my Mig Welder for MMA so that I can do stick welding.

Needed an adaptor, tongue and cable plus welding rods as I had given away my Stick welder, some masks, chipping hammer and all my rods a few months ago to a mate who needed it more than me.

Oh, and I could do with a real lesson to add to a lifetime of self taught bodgery to make sure my welds were strong and correctly laid. Not that I ever had complaints before.

And then the weekend was over.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote