View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 10:20 PM   #99
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasld View Post
This is my favorite picture of the car that I snapped when I was checking out CRLS the 460 next to the 460V. Hehe The two extremes of the automotive industries!
Polar opposites for sure, Mike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMc46 View Post
Cost of operating,low cost small thrills, more cost BIG THRILLS. Gas is cheap for now. Keep on keeping on.
If that's the case, Jay, I should be thrilled beyond belief when this is all done. Just hoping gas doesn't zoom back up to $4 a gallon by June.

Kathy and I went to Gladstone Custom Upholstery this morning (and again this afternoon). We picked out vinyl colors, headliner and carpet. Jeff's ballpark estimate was right where I thought it should be, so we left the front seats and visors with him so he could get started. Looks like we will be trailering the car to him the end of next week for the back seats, package tray and side panels. After paint, we'll return it to him and he can do the carpet, headliner and console.

We discussed the rear bench seat issues and decided to cut the bottom seat into two smaller sections. The mini-tubs and the custom driveshaft tunnel made it nearly impossible to maintain the full bench seat. So I've been hacking it to bits today. Should have it all back together by tomorrow night.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote