View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 09:20 PM   #9
MiraclePieCo

Re: If I had to do Over Again.... What would I change On My Build?

I have no regrets. Instead I'm happy about several things, mostly that I kept everything simple, inexpensive, and old school.

1) Happy I used a SBC instead of the LS that the seller was including with the truck.
2) Happy I didn't do air bags or any other gimmicky stuff that might be as outdated in 10 years as shag carpet and dingle balls.
3) Happy I kept it like a true old truck, with no street-rod luxuries - no AC, PW, tilt, cruise, etc. etc.
4) Happy I got it on the road relatively quickly, rather than toiling endless years and never finishing it.
5) Happy I didn't spend so much on it that I regretted it.

It was my plan to get it on the road ASAP, and from the frame up I had it driveable in about a year and a half. Everything fell together pretty nicely - except for the cracked head from the heat and force required to remove a sending unit adapter. I built it to be a daily driver, not to wow a bunch of strangers at shows who would just criticize it when my back was turned. I wanted my truck to be an obvious hot rod, yet still retain the character of an old truck, and I'm satisfied I accomplished that.
Attached Images

Last edited by MiraclePieCo; 09-06-2019 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Add photo
MiraclePieCo is offline   Reply With Quote