View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 05:52 AM   #214
Erik V

Re: How about some pics of 69-72 Blazers and Jimmys.

So I've been in the market to pick up a bigger tow vehicle, but I dont want to part with my 02 WRX wagon, so I'm thinking its high time to pester my dad about getting the old Jimmy out of the barn and drivable again. He special ordered it new in 71. Totalled it late 73. Rebuilt it at the body shop he worked at (and got paid to do so-what a deal). My parents drove it away from their wedding. Was raced and trail ran up until the late 70's when it because full time Daily Driver for my dad, and tow vehicle for anything and everything. He moved to a 52 Willy's flat fender for trail use and was no longer racing, and the Jimmy got stuck in the back of the barn. He dug it out when I was 16, and it was my first car (truck, you know what I mean). I drove it for almost 2 years before going off to college and it once again moved into the barn where its been ever since (that was in late 1998).

So anyways, only picture I have of it on this computer was taken when it was nearly new. 350/350/205 with an added PTO winch with fairlead roller mounted where the front plate once was. Hard top is still in great shape hanging in the rafters of the barn, and a Bestop soft top was installed for me in 1996.

I have a few pics taken on real film from my HS days, and we have boxes of pics from its racing days/trail runs that were taken from SW WA all the way down to San Bernardino, CA when he lived down there for a while in the mid 70s. Guess I'll have to find a scanner or see what my digicam can do about taking pics of pics and still have decent quality.

Erik

Last edited by Erik V; 10-02-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote