Thread: Crash's 69 K10
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #11
Crash_OK

Re: Crash's 72 K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72LSK10 View Post
You have a sick truck, LB or not, it's a SB now and that's all that matters. Although LB K10's look sweet when they're lifted. Congrats on the frame off, I'm sure it will look sick when you're done with her. You asked for feedback in regards to the diff's. What are your plans with her? Any off-roading? Or will she be a sick K10? This will determine what the diff's call for. I use to rock craw and wheel the heck out of my K10, so she had a built D44 with an ARB chromoly axles, cross over and high steer with PSC hydraulic assist and 4.10's up front, (Brand new D60 in the garage waiting to be dropped in) 14BFF with detroit locker out back. Did awesome off-road, wouldn't need any or all of this if she won't be heavily wheeled.
72LSK10,

Thanks, I hope it all turns out well. Wow, sounds like you have quite a setup. Good look with the axle swap. I was really looking for some advice on prepping the frame, but since you asked about the diffs, my plans are to leave them stock. I will be using the truck to pull the boat in and out of the water, and maybe some light off-roading. I had hoped to only replace the seals but both diff's have some slack in the pinion area, so I will have to fix that. I am not sure what they will need, (bearings??) bit I hope to tear them down this weekend.
Crash_OK is offline   Reply With Quote