Thread: $50K Blazer?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #31
skorpioskorpio

Re: $50K Blazer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking427 View Post
GM saw the Blazer/Jimmy as more utility than both their pickup and suburbans combined - which became quite clear to the new buyer at the time when they were told the passenger seat was an extra cost option
I think this has more to do with GM ala carte'ing everything about their trucks, even as late as 1991, a base Suburban did not come with a spare, a jack, a rear bumper, a back seat, wheel covers, and there was still a heat delete option. Though all the Jeep/Bronco/Scout class vehicles could be ordered as sort of ranch tractors. I haven't seen it mentioned in a while but Blazers could be ordered without door glass or regulators and if ordered that way had a cap on the top of the door to cover where the glass would be, so you could order one amazingly striped. I think this has more to do with mimicing the offerings from it's competitors than specificly how GM saw the vehicle. The king of striped base models was the jeep CJ though, they could be ordered striped to the point of not being road legal.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote