View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #168
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Very nice thought process, looks like you have thought of everything. I'm watching and learning.
I dont know about that, this is my first time working on a ladder type frame since I've always had unibody VW's that are pretty stiff to start with. Im sure theres things I've overlooked since I'm new to this. I couldnt find much to go on so Ive tried to analyze how the frame is flexing and figure out what "direction" each section of the individual frame rails are moving in when it flexes- thats helped me figure out what style of bracing should help the most, and where the bracing should be the most effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernski View Post
Astronaut love what's happening with your build, I am curious though how or what is your plan to extract 350 hp out of that 250 inline? I know they are doing crazy things with the inline down in Brazil so I know it's possible. Just wondered what your thoughts were on the motor so far. Thanx...Vernski

Here's what I've got planned so far. The hp numbers I posted are just a rough guess, but it shouldn't be too hard to make around 1.4 hp per cubic inch with a roller cam; my vw motor will make right at 1.5 hp/ci with a solid flat cam. 250x1.4 is 350, and I'm not sure how many cubic inches will be added from boring yet.

Bore the block enough to clean up the cylinders and leave enough meat for any future rebuild.
Balanced stock crank.
Lighten the flywheel.
Eagle forged 4340 rods, 5.7"
Forged pistons, haven't found any "off the shelf" yet. I think it can be bored enough to fit 305 pistons.
Head bolt boss removed from intake port, lump port kit installed.
Larger valves, ported heads, decked for more compression.
Block decked for .040-.050 deck height/quench.
13:1ish compression (will be running E85, 105 octane)
Solid roller cam, wanting it to pull to around 7000-7200 rpm.
Comp Cams Aluminum roller rockers, 1.75 ratio.
ARP main and head stud kit.
Triple Weber/Dellorto 2 barrel side draft carbs, or triple throttle bodies/efi.
6 into 1 header, single 3" exhaust, magnaflow/dynomax straight through muffler? I'll probably go though a few mufflers to get the sound I want, I'm pretty picky about how I want it to sound.

Last edited by theastronaut; 01-07-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: My kindergarten spelling skills...
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote