View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 05:52 PM   #14
mr48chev

Re: Replace radio, gps and more with cell phone

I never go anywhere that I am not supposed to be so it doesn't really matter who knows where I went. Driving a bit fast on long open and fun to drive on roads? Guilty.

Funny thing about the tablets like Dsraven's wife has, My boat mentor and good Friendthe late Capt John Adelotte who owned Vessel Assist at Cornet Bay Wa was headed though Deception Pass behind another friend who is a female captain who was in one of his other tow boats, They hit a fog bank in the pass and all the electronics in both boats went out, She pulled out her tablet, brought up the charts app she hand and brought up the chart and gps and that was how they got though and out of the fog.

I've still got a USB gps for a laptop around here somewhere that I used to use with my laptop with charts on it before I got my GPS for my boat. That only works in the car or truck when you have internet access for maps (had the puget sound charts on the laptop) though. My wife and I did that In tacoma once when we were hunting for where our nieces wedding was.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote