View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #22
cleszkie

Re: Doesn't anyone like original Hickey Enterprises parts?

I completely respect Midunes enterprise of reproducing the Hickey catalogue of parts. I have also been fortunate enough to buy an original skid plate from him. However, I am also very conflicted due to the inevitable devaluing of the original stuff that I have collected for decades. I collected the stuff because it is unique, period correct, and somewhat hard to find. It is kind of a badge of honor to display the original stuff because like-minded people know how hard it is to come by. I fear that if the market gets flooded with the repop stuff (regardless of how high quality it is), everyone will be rolling around with the stuff bolted to their projects and it just won't be "cool" anymore, kind of like tatoos

I say this as I am on the fence as to whether I should sell my original Hickey patch to Midunes for him to reproduce. I feel like a hypocrit because I want to maintain the value of the original, but I am also tempted to buy some of the parts he makes that I have not been able to locate as OEM.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote