View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 05:39 PM   #142
CustomCab66

Talking Re: 1966 C1434 SWB Custom Cab

On February 2nd 1966 A.D. Woody Jr. took delivery of a black 1966 Chevrolet C-10 at Crabtree Chevrolet Company in Glen Rose Tx. A.D. Ordered it with all the custom trim packages and deluxe interior. A.D drove the 66 until 1978 when he purchased a new Chevrolet truck. The truck was stored on an old pole barn until 2004 when an old high school friend of A.D's purchased it. Shortly after I found the 66 C-10 up for sale in Hico Tx. . I bought the truck from the second owner and continue to drive it till this day.

I met A.D years ago after purchasing his old 66. A.D. was a carpenter by trade
during his younger days and eventually he was the town mayor and later on a member of the city council. During my travels this week I learned that A.D. had passed in 2014.

I stopped by Crabtree Chevrolet where the building and the sales lot sit empty today. In squished my face up against the glass and saw the parts desk and service department labeled with old peeling paint. The once shiny checkered tiled floor is dusty and broken. I saw a bookshelf with tons of old service manuals and parts manuals. When I met the original salesman Scott Crabtree Jr who originally sold my 66 he told me that the dealership closed its doors in 1970. I was hoping to take the 66 by his house to show him but he wasn't home. Next time I'm up in his neck of the woods I want to see if he wouldn't mind signing my protect-O plate next to his original signature form 1966.

I parked my 66 in the old sales lot and took some photos from across the street.
Sorry if I'm geeking out here guys but it was a very fun trip. I put 300 + miles on the truck and the LS ran awesome.
Attached Images

Last edited by CustomCab66; 08-24-2018 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Changed a couple of facts
CustomCab66 is offline   Reply With Quote