Thread: NJ Suburban
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 06:32 PM   #269
HO455
Post Whore

Re: NJ Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdcougar View Post
Lots of good tips here thanks! I don't think I'll do the second row 3 point seatbelt brackets. I'm not sure I'll even put the second row seats in. Funny my Sub was my daily driver from the early 80's till 1997. Never had a problem with gas coming out of the gas cap! I have bumpers but haven't done anything with them yet. They could be sandblasted and primed. I'll probably go with white painted bumpers. I'll have to look up the rebuild kits for all the door hinges. Not sure I'll need to though. My 68 donor body was from a low mileage truck but I'll definitely check them out. A few months ago I rebuilt and detailed the heater box complete with new seals and a new heater core. One of the original 70 style kickpanel vents disappeared. Both 68 vents are in my pile of parts so I'll install them. Where did you find seals for them? Maybe that's something I can install too. The springs are the originals. Ride height is good but I should look up new shocks.

Originally the truck was non power drums on all four corners. The guy I sold it to converted to power drums. I need to source a replacement master and booster assembly. The one in it is pretty ratty.

Paul
Here is a link (below) to my post (#232) on the vent doors. After I did mine I found some threads on using different "free" material for the seal. If you want to save $5 do some searching.

Maybe consider just rebuilding the driver's door hinges. I didn't rebuild the hinges on my Burban but, after 30k miles the driver's door is starting to get loose. I can feel the door just starting to drag on the latch when I open the door. I may have pull the drivers door hinges over the winter and rebuild them.

I mentioned the shackles as they have quite an effect on the how the truck drives down the highway. Worn ones will give you that wandering down the road feeling. Many folks don't replace them when they do a front end rebuild and the truck never quite drives as it should. Don't ask how I know this.

Man oh man there's nothing better than white painted bumpers on a K model in my book! Looking forward to the end result.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...698377&page=10
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote