View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #46
zippeay

Re: My own build thread

Well... I didn't make as much progress as I wanted to but I still got some things finished. I spent more time going back and forth to the parts house than anything else... O well, that's building cars/trucks I guess.
Anyway, I wire wheeled the whole crossmember, flattened the upper control arms and painted everything. I also replaced all the wheel bearings and seals, greased up all the grease points, put new rotors, calipers, and brake pads on. I also mounted the front bags and started on the rear brakes last night but I had a hard time finding the rear bearing seals and had to order them. They should be in tomorrow and I also dropped off the rear axles last Thursday to get drilled for 5 lug.
Hopefully this week I can get the rear bags mounted and finish up the rear end and the rear brakes. If I can get all the finished I will be pretty happy because then I can load it up and take it over to my old mans house to start the body work and hopefully get it painted before it gets too cold outside. I also have to drop some parts off tonight to get blasted "hopefully it doesn't cost me a million bucks"...

zippeay is offline   Reply With Quote