View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 12:06 AM   #5
71C10Guy

Re: A/C comp control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro299 View Post
There is a compressor switch on the factory setup if that's what you're asking. It's on the back side of the AC distribution box which is the first box coming off the heater. Can't be seen from inside but if you feel behind the box you'll find the cable attachment for selection of either air or heat (the middle of the three slides on your control). When the slide is moved to the left it opens the flapper to shut off heated air and open the air from the evaporator. It also has a cam integrated with the cable end that pushes a button on the AC switch. Just changed mine yesterday while putting in a new blower relay.
Thanks man, but it sounds like you're talking about a flap for hot/cold air control, while I'm talking about the automated switch that turns the compressor on and off.

Wait, I just thought of something that might make this all moot... Does the ac system used in these trucks need to cycle on and off, to keep the right pressure, or are they always on when cooling, no cycling? I might just be really dumb....
71C10Guy is offline   Reply With Quote