View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 12:51 AM   #179
Woodyboat

Re: Another frikken Volvo ?

A number of years ago, I remember reading something in Hot Rod magazine just when the Pro-street craze began to take off. They were saying that there was this entirely new (at that time) population of cars who had all the right stuff, i.e. huge engines, gigantic power, big slicks, correct suspension set ups and so forth. None of the cars made the expected numbers. In other words, none of them could rocket through the quarter at any where close to what the power to weight ratios said they should.

What did this mean?

It was simple. It simply meant that every last one of the cars that that magazine was featuring needed to be debugged and dialed in. I myself built a Cobra kit car along about that time. I used a 460 Ford engine with a C6 and a B&M shift kit fed into a Ford 9" with a Detroit Locker. The car weighed about the same as my other car - a Karmann Ghia. You would have thought that it would have had acceleration that would peel your eyelids permanently open and it did.... eventually. It certainly didn't at first. In fact, it was a dog gone pooch right at first barely outracing my Karmann Ghia.

Hang in there. You've just closed in on the final chapter of a very huge project - one so big that it just aint gonna be perfect right at first. You just need to be patient, debug it and dial it in. Good times are coming.
Woodyboat is offline   Reply With Quote