View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 05:41 PM   #657
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Getting the paving corrected as part of this carport build is necessary

The camera loses some of the damage perception but a plank gives you the idea at least.

While out at at the shops and in the scrapyard on Saturday, Mate PaulF whose hydraulic press I used for the Chevy Blazer suspension parts and whose brake line making kit I got to use to make up the C10’s new brake lines And I were chatting on Messenger Video, as you do, when he asked me what job was next, so I mentioned that the paving, posted above here, has to be repaired and the base compacted and redone.

“Do you have a whacker plate or compactor ?” He asked, of. Course I did not, so he offered to go fetch his from a friend who had used it and deliver it to my place in an hour or two.

Plus have a coffee and a chat.

Bargain !!

Couple of hours later a Nissan Cube reversed down my drive.

Giving birth to this handy tool.

The weather turned in the afternoon which stopped play, but a good weekend in all.

Saturday evening sunset.

Sunday rolled in and I had planned to get started on lifting the paving and repairing the subsidence

Facebook said it was 6 years since the last MOT on the C10

But Sally who came over by 08.00 had other ideas as the weather still sucked.

Also, I had managed to get a second short term lodger, a welder on a maintenance contract at a local power station.

So it may just be 7 weeks or less, but cash ion the bank is cash in the bank.

So Sally insisted I clear out some space for the new guy. She also has a new lodger, which will help fill the hole her cars engine blowing up had made in her savings.

So it seems I was stuck indoors all day.

Found some food from 2009 and more recently.

Not impressed with Sally Poking the Bear.

Chatting with Craig at one point, he was photobombed by Lilly.

Back to cleaning the house, every surface, flor etc washed and cleaned.

Sally is a menace with a camera.

Eventually got it all wrapped up, and to be honest, I am pleased, and thankful for all the help she gave me too.

Hope to find time over the next weekend to sort the paving if the weather plays along.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote