View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 08:58 PM   #172
mattbert56

Re: 1965 C20 fleet side longbed DD low budget build.

Well today was a parts picking up /ordering day. But got two engine mounts. Big bag of shinny new grade 8 bolts. two weld on D loops. A clutch kit. intake gasket. Oil pan gasket. And put the oil pump on order. It'll be in by 7 tomorw. this weekend tho went up to visit two friends in Sacramento foot hills region and felt the trip was worth it. For one kimbLe (better known as 61k10) is an awesome guy. Very old school And a good ol boy. You can tell. Very generous with some transfer case parts I have been long needing and looking for. But the Thursday trip was great caught some good size fish to.
Back to trucks.. got the motor ready to instal tomorrow if the rain clears any time. Pulled off intake&exhaust. Along with front grill and core support. Pulled the old 292 out with the cracked block. And found my long lost flywheel. so hoping to work outside a bit tomorw but if not. It's full speed ahead on that transfer case. That's thing is getting finishedif it likes it or not. Big thanks to 61 k10 tho. I do t think I would be finishing this case if it wasn't for him.

1965 k20 buikd thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=628346&page=6
mattbert56 is offline   Reply With Quote