Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 10:31 PM   #178
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Stepside View Post
I need to order my brake line kit. Which part # (s) did you order? You were happy with fit? I've heard the stainless can be a bear. You are making much better progress than I am. Keep it up.
Yeah man the fit was pretty darn good. There are a few tweaks that you can make but even if you don't it still fits like factory. I would say the only thing I don't like is how the factory set the rear diff clips on the diff cover side instead of on top or behind the diff. So the new kit of course follows that and puts the rear brake line right in front of the cover in front of the top few bolts so if you need to remove your diff cover its a pain in the neck... So if I had to do it all over again I might have bent the lines different back there and installed new clips.

I got the SS lines from LMCTruck. Good quality.

34-5532 DISC CONVERSION LINE KIT-SS 1 $229.95
30-1724 BRAKE LINE CLIP SET-13PC 1REQ 1 $19.95

And I went to rockauto later when I realized I needed those brake line retainers. But here is the LMCTruck part number:

30-1411 RETAINER-REAR AXLE T - You need 3 of them if you didn't keep your old ones. 2 up front, 1 on the rear axle.

Also, if you didn't retain your old brass T's connectors, you will need the one that came off the front above the K member where the lines T up to the master cylinder. The kit comes with all new ones EXCEPT THAT ONE for some weird reason... Oh and this may be because I converted to front DISC, they were drum before. There is a 3/16 T and 1/4 T. The kit comes with the 1/4 T if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I just realized the T you need to retain is the the one on the axle in back. The others come in the kit.

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 04-17-2019 at 10:41 PM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote