View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 11:56 PM   #2889
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Hi Glen, Glad you got the picture loading issue resolved. My little dog is Joey. He's a hyper loyal little guy. I never expected to turn into the stereotypical old guy with tiny dog but oh well! My lifetime best friend Labs, Dudley and Sooner were the greatest dogs I ever had but Joey has been great too.

Patio room was just finished painting today. The rough sawn wood just SOAKED up the paint. Painter uses spray can Kilz on the knots. Says he has found out the hard way that the conventional Kilz paint doesn't kill the tannins nearly has well. 8 spray cans, EITHEEN tubes of caulk (!!!) 10 gallons of primer and 10 gallons of the finish paint and its done. THat's a LOT of material to get it looking good but it is a very tight job up close. I'm impressed. He busted his butt on this job.

Plasterer will be here tomorrow. Overhead lights and fan are in boxes waiting for the stucco to be done. The roofer will be here Saturday we're told. Audio/video guy was here previously to run wires. He'll be back Tuesday to mount tv, sound bar and some speakers.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote