View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 09:01 PM   #14
hdrolling

Re: 72 getting rid of the 90's mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Banks View Post
Think twice about the CPP roll bars. I'm not so happy with them. Wish I had spent a little more and bought the No Limit roll bars. They have to be more well thought out than the CPP.

The way the front sway bar connects to the control arm will interfere with my tie rod sleeves unless I have the bolts clocked a certain way.

The no limit rear bar ends up over the frame and not the lowest point of the entire truck. Not to mention how CPP expects you to somehow put one of your mouting bolts in the center of the rear trailing arms(where the middle part of the I beam is) and their tech department is no help.

Edit to add: CPP7401 is what I used rear and CPP7423 is front. It appears they make many different ones and wanted to specify.
Yes those are the same two part numbers I have here at the house, I watched a few youtube videos before buying and didn't see anyone mentioning the issues you had. Install seemed pretty straight forward, while watching. So did you ever get them installed or did you go with the no limits parts first?

I don't really need the sway bars since we take it pretty easy and just cruise around, it was more of a "since the bed is already off why not" impulse buy.

I was also looking at the Hellwig sway bar since I use them on my 2018 silverado dually, but those are in the $500 range vs the $100 range for th CPP bars.

I'll do so more research before I get to far into installing them, thanks for the heads up.