View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 11:53 AM   #3643
jocko

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavage View Post
The truck is in Lancaster NY which is about 9 miles from me. Lancaster is near Buffalo NY. It is a nice truck but overpriced, in my opinion, for a long bed 2wd. Has had it for sale for over a year. It was at 20 K last year so the owner has dropped it a little.
If the body is decent on that truck, it's the options that are driving the price: Custom Camper/327/TH400 is a great combo and the driveline is often replaced on these (and all these old trucks for that matter - but for some reason it just stinks a little more when a 327 is gone forever as opposed to a 350 being replaced with another 350 because it's still a 350. I know, I'm a little weird this way... Ha). Having said that, I do agree, it's near the high end of its bracket price-wise, but I do think it's a pretty good deal if the body is good, especially in upstate NY. Had in-laws up there (Rochester) and even the rust was corroded on most trucks as I recall.

EDIT: DUH. Disregard - for some reason I thought you were talking about the 68 Custom Camper.... senior moment. I'm on the fence on the price on the 70, it is a little high I agree, but would be a great truck to have in the barn. The ebay pics show the buckets in it. It appears to have been really well cared for/preserved.

Last edited by jocko; 12-31-2017 at 12:13 PM.