View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 03:51 PM   #69
SCOTI

Re: Lowered 73-87 Short Beds

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAU 82 View Post
I really dig your truck Jonboy..would you or Scoti be able to recall what spindle/spring combo and rear setup you used and the staggered tire sizes in front and rear? That thing sits perfect..exactly the stance I'm going for with my '82..
This is an oldy but I noticed a question asked & not answered. JIC someone was/is curious, when that pic was taken, that 74 had dropped spindles, 1-coil removed from the factory V8/sbc coils, & relocated upper shock mounts. The rear was a flip kit on the 8-leaf HD spring pack, Western Chassis c-notches, drop shackles, & relocated lower shock mounts w/2" shorter shocks. It also had a driveway fabbed AOL set-up w/Schrader valves.

Fronts were 15x6.5" Van Ralleys & 215/70-15 BFG's.
Rears were 15x8" Truck Ralleys & 255/70-15 BFG's.

Jonboy indicated it "rides really well". It did.... on smooth pavement. Not so much on the much more common asphalt patched roads. It definitely needed more suspension travel clearance as it bottomed out front & rear.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote