View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 09:12 AM   #12
skyphix

Re: WOOLWax Rust Nuetralizer ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
Yeah the salt here melts the vehicles. New York is 25x worse.

What is it that people don't like about the GM wax?

I grew up in Upstate NY! Small world. I live in Maine now where liquid calcium chloride "brine" is used and is just terrible.

The people I've talked to saw it "flaking off" or just not remaining as well as they'd hoped even over a single winter. Interior application, like inside the rocker panels and cab corners, didn't seem to suffer the same thing (my father in law had it applied on their 2015 Sierra when they bought it and that looked brand new when they traded it in) - it was mostly frame applications that seemed to suffer by folks up here, and all from the same dealership, so I wonder if the frame hadn't been cleaned of grease/etc enough before application or something. One of the people I talked to had it put on by a rural GM dealer in November 2018 on a late model 3/4 ton and said it was all gone/didn't seem to be helping at all when I talked to him in January 2019. Again, second hand, so I always take those with a grain of salt. Could have been a poorly educated dealership applying it or something - FluidFilm up here is usually applied by either body shops or oddly enough more often transmissions shops, and seem to be more well trained in proper application.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote