View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 08:18 AM   #2
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: A couple of questions about the 99-06's

1. For Chevys, you'll need the entire front clip, rad support and bumpers. GMCs are almost the same between the years, so they would pretty much look identical.

2. Fair amount of hidden electrical and all the were added thru the years. I know heater controls are different (and even vary more depending on models) from 02 to the 03-06 years.

3. 2003 and up went back to drum rear brakes. I preferred the 2002 with 4 wheel disc of the 02. 2002 had 16" wheels for the standard, 2003 and up had 17" because of the bigger front discs.

I had regular cab work trucks, no extended or crew cabs. my 06 and 07 set more level than the 02 did, but I liked the slight rack (raised rear) of the 02 better. Also, I hate it when the rear is lower, even when I haul a load. With a load the 02 set level,, so I was good with that.

I always had manual windows and preferred them on the regular cabs. Factory power windows would be OK I guess. GPS, I use my phone and had a standard DIN style stereo to that would play MP3s on my USB stick.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is online now   Reply With Quote