View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 03:12 PM   #3
biketopia

Re: A couple of questions about the 99-06's

Looks like most everything has been covered by Palf70Step

If you really like the rounded front end look for a GMC, they kept the same front end from 01-07(classic) Other wise you'll need everything, including the core support I believe.

01-02 stayed pretty similar, but 03-07 things changed from the dash's, HVAC, modules for SRS, BCM, On Star, and a whole slew of things I'm probably forgetting. Either way the 01-07 have cluster issues with the stepper motors failing, easy cheap fix if you're at all handy with a soldering iron. Or only costs about 100 bucks to send one out and get repaired.

You never stated what options or lack of options these trucks you're looking at have? Swapping to power windows from a manual one requires a BCM, the associated wiring, motors, regulators, new door panels and switches. Are you looking at a crew cab truck, bose stereo, if so if you want a decent sound with the aftermarket deck you want to bypass the factory amp. I have a GPS double din in my 03 and am contemplating going back to a single, the maps are out of date, costs a lot to update them when my phone is pretty up to date 99% of the time. Plus the brightness of the screen gets really annoying on long drives at night. Another thing, the 01-02 trucks can only fit a 1.5 din without cutting up the trim or getting trim from an 03 and up truck.

Not 100% if all the trucks went drum rear, but I'm more familiar with the HD chassis, same interior and such though. Which ever way you go, check the brake lines, they always rust. There's stainless pre bent kits for about 100 bucks or AC delco makes a coated pre bent set that is a whole lot easier to work with and will last 20+ years.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote