View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 05:24 PM   #21
Robert Haas

Re: choosing a two post lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahl4m View Post
ive got a 4 post /i think its the only way to go /sure it takes up a little room BUT it is movable any wherer -even outside - how many times would you like to be able to power wash the bottom of a project car off ?? id only buy the widest/ longest on the market ! if i did a 2 post -before i poured the concrete -id set up the anchors in the floor -that wat id know they are anchored & will hold !!!!seen too many 2 posts fall over ! very un stable ! always buy the jack? supprt stands to be safe !! it might be your or your kids lives you saved !ive got a "advantage " -nice -"wildfire " looks identical -even a "greg smith" is a nice one & they was local to me -no shipping-plus greg always is willing to deal ! my "advantage has been used alot by me & i would never buy a 2 post-too many things can happed -bad !!!!

If Two Posts Lifts were one thousandth as dangerous as you make them out to be,...there is no way in heck they would be allowed to be sold.

There are hundreds of thousands of them in use every day in this country and around the world.

Just like anything, danger comes from misuse and ignorance.

As far as a Two Post lift falling over,... that is just insane, In nearly 50 years of turning wrenches, I have never once heard of anyone's lift falling over, of course I don't know a lot of idiots but it would take one to set up a lift that could fall over.

4 posts lifts are fine for oil changes and inspections but when it comes to actually working on a vehicle they are nearly worthless.

Now this is just my opinion and it is worth exactly what you folks paid for it. I do hope the OP enjoys his lift and I am sure he will be wondering why he did not get it sooner.
Robert Haas is offline   Reply With Quote