View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 03:14 PM   #48
Canuckvetter
How did I get this OLD!

Re: What are our trucks worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Well for those thinking that their truck is going to be a retirement fund they should recheck or rethink a 10 year forecast with respect to the popularity of this kind of technology and transportation.
As has been mentioned several times...the classic car and truck industry will largely (not completely) die with us. Our kids and grandkids for the better part aren't interested in this stuff. Most have an absolutely minimum amount of interest in nostalgia, particularly of this kind and they will be the ones who would have been the potential buyers and successors....and in most cases, they won't be, at least based on all showing trends these days. They might however, be interested in your vintage laptop or sony clie' or any vintage video game terminal you might have.
On top of that we, as a group, aren't getting any younger so there is a coming sunset on a lot of this hobby and with it...will go the values in all likelihood.
So remember, enjoy your truck (or classic car) and don't put any money into it that you aren't willing to lose.
All Good
Coley
I could not agree more with Colley. I am an enthusiast first and foremost. This is a hobby for me. I'm not in it for profit or even breaking even. I enjoy the thrill of the search. Attending the swap meets. Meeting some great like-minded people and mostly driving an old back road somewhere with my wife of 33 yrs. listening to the best music the 60's and 70's had to offer. In the 90's and 2000's I built a 72 corvette that handles,steers, & brakes like the cars of that era. Tons of money and time to make it my own. 500hp fun car. People ask what kind of fuel economy I get, I would say 2-3 tanks a year because it was a beast to drive and absolute hell in the rain. So I rarely drive it. As we advance in years the 67 C-10 fits perfectly to our lifestyle now. I thought at one time I would put the most modern components in it to make it a new truck but it's still a brick. The need for speed is now the need to enjoy the drive confident I can handle anything that might happen if it breaks down along the way. When I was a kid on the farm dad loved to search the back roads for horse drawn buggies. We would drag them home and fix them up. He rarely sold them. When he died we sold the buggies for a song. It didn't bother my because it was the fun I had with dad doing what he loved. He had so many friend and so much fun doing it.

Michael
Canuckvetter is offline   Reply With Quote